PADI Enriched Air Diver Description
PADI Enriched Air Nitrox Diver Specialty Course at Underwater Vision
Many PADI students in Utila choose to take the popular PADI Enriched Air Diver course. Scuba diving on Enriched air Nitrox generally allows divers to increase the length of their dives and enables them to spend less time on the surface between dives.
Begin your course today online with PADI eLearning for Enriched Air Nitrox
Spend more time on the fantastic dive sites around Utila as a PADI Enriched Air Diver! Don’t miss out on turtle, eagle ray, dolphin or whale shark sightings due to short decompression times! Diving on Nitrox is sure to give you more time spent under the waves especially when doing repetitive dives thereby increasing your chances of such sightings!
What will you learn?
You’ll learn why diving with air that has higher oxygen and lower nitrogen content gives you more bottom time, along with enriched air equipment considerations. During a practical session, and two optional (or required) scuba dives, you’ll:
- Techniques for getting more dive time by using enriched air nitrox
- Enriched air scuba diving equipment considerations
- Enriched air considerations, including managing oxygen exposure, how to tell what’s in your scuba tank and how to set your dive computer
You may be able to get college credit for the PADI Enriched Air Diver course – ask your instructor to learn more.
How can you start learning now?
Sign up for eLearning for Enriched Air Nitrox – PADI’s eLearning option – to get started immediately. The web-based system covers all the enriched air diver course content and allows you to study at your own pace through an easy-to-use, interactive program. You also have access to an online version of the Enriched Air Diver Manual.
You can also choose to read the Enriched Air Diver Manual and watch the Enriched Air Diving video. Stop by Underwater Vision to enroll in the course, get your materials and start learning.
There are endless specialties that would have increased benefits from doing them as an Enriched Air Diver. The experience of doing the following specialties in Utila would be further enhanced:
- PADI Wreck Diver – Many of the best wrecks are situated deeper, so enriched air nitrox will increase the amount of time you can spend exploring both on Utila’s Halliburton wreck and other exciting wrecks around the world
- ddPADI Wreck Diver – Enriched Air Nitrox increases your no decompression time when diving deeper. Explore the depths of Utila’s North Side with longer bottom time!
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer – Perhaps you need to make more than one dive in order to capture a nesting octopus or an elusive sea horse on one of the dive sites around Utila. As a photographer, Enriched air nitrox decreases the amount of residual nitrogen you accumulate when diving allowing repetitive dives to be longer.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver - The PADI Enriched Air Diver course counts toward your Master Scuba Diver rating -- the highest non-professional rating in recreational diving