PADI Drift Diver Description
PADI Drift Diver Specialty Course at Underwater Vision
Learn to go with the flow and let the ocean current do the work for you as you glide effortlessly and safely along, relaxing and enjoying the view of Utila's reef and the creatures that live there as if on a moving conveyor belt under the sea! The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course at Underwater Vision will show you how to safely dive purposefully in currents by learning proper communication techniques with your dive buddy, the boat and important orientation skills. You will also improve your buoyancy skills to maximize your dive time and learn how to use equipment specific to diving with a current
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What will you learn?
During your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment -- floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
How can you start learning now?
Pick up a PADI Drift Diver Manual and the Drift Diving video to start learning immediately. Stop by Underwater Vision to enroll in the course and pick up your independent study materials.